Discontinuation of DG Gates
As of May 2013, Intrepid Industries discontinued the DG model gate from it’s line.
Like the SG model gate, the DG model required the user to determine if either left-hand or right-hand opening swing was required. The DG was discontinued when the Universal Double Bar Safety Gate (UDG) was introduced. This new UDG still has many of the same great features of our previous gates.
• Installs into same bolt pattern
• Strong, polyurethane material
• Excellent outdoor weather-ability and UV resistance
• Hinge mounts with just 2 bolts (on 6 1/4″ centers)
• Same, great price
In addition, these new, improved Gates also offer:
• Universal Hinge Design —- No need to determine left-hand or right-hand orientation
• Standardized bolt sizes —- Just 1 wrench and 1 drill bit is needed for installation of Hinge and Block
• Various Installation Kits —- Magnet Kit will hold the gate securely closed (75 lb. hold strength; Clamp Kits can attach Gates easily to both pipe and square tube guardrails)
DG vs UDG
Have you already specified and/or drilled the holes for the DG gate but must purchase the UDG? NO PROBLEM! No modification is needed to install the hinge, for the block, simply enlarge the top hole to 9/16″.